Fidelity’s properties in this region are primarily in North Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, and Colorado. Fidelity owns in fee or holds oil and natural gas leases for the properties it operates in:
- Bakken and Three Forks areas in North Dakota and Montana.
- Big Horn Basin of Wyoming.
- Green River Basin in southwestern Wyoming.
- Paradox Basin of Utah.
- Baker Field in southeastern Montana and southwestern North Dakota.
- Bowdoin area in north-central Montana.
- Heath Shale area in northeastern Montana.
- Powder River Basin of Montana and Wyoming.
- Niobrara area in southeastern Wyoming.
Fidelity also owns nonoperated oil and natural gas interests and undeveloped acreage positions in this region. During 2011, Fidelity expanded its acreage position in the Bakken Play in both North Dakota and Montana.
Fidelity's properties in this area are primarily in Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and the offshore Gulf of Mexico area. Fidelity owns in fee or holds oil and natural gas leases for the property it operates in:
- Tabasco and Texan Gardens Fields in South Texas.
- East Texas in Rusk County.
In addition, Fidelity owns nonoperated interests in oil and gas production along with undeveloped acreage positions in this region.